Locks and Keys

Hello and welcome everyone. Hope your week has gone well. Thank you, as always, for popping in and for the wonderful comments you leave. Also a big thank you to my new followers.

This week at Out of a Hat we are  making something with the subject locks and keys. Here is what I made and I had so much fun seeing it develope.

My daughter bought me a book called Steam Punk Softies by Sarah Skeate and Nicola Tedman.. It is full of characters and patterns for you to make. I must say I didn't follow the pattern to the letter and did my own take on one of the characters to create a new character. I will probably do the same thing if I make any more of them.

This is my own character and I named her Lydia Whitlock.  I decided that she is the keeper of the locks and keys at Dreadcrank Manor, a huge, old castle with secrets too lost in time to tell. She is a close relative of Charity Storm who is one of the characters you can make from the book. I would love to write stories about all of them.

Lydia is mostly made in felt and is hand sewn. I painted some buttons with gold paint for the glass part of her goggles. Bought some small locks with keys from Poundland and distressed those. Then I added a bit of jewellery I won as blog candy--along with lots more jewellery which I am really enjoying using--thanks Zoe. The skirt is a bit of lace coloured with a Promarker. I thought I would add the butterfly to make Lydia look less scary.

Do pop over to see what Janet, Florence and Sandra have made for this week and find out how they made them

Hope you will join us in the challenge and I look forward to seeing what locks and keys mean to you.

Love Chrissie xx

Comments

  1. You've made a wonderful job of Lydia - I love her. I bought this book earlier in the year but not made anything out of it yet.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous character will have to look out for the book.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous character Chrissie I love her. A must have book I think. Hugs Samdra XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling! I love the story behind your little character. Sounds like a fun book. Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quirkiness of this, fabulous! Its cool to have a story with it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia is absolutely stunningly gorgeous Chrissie!! I am going to have to look up that book as my teenagers would adore characters like this. So who's a super talented seamstress then?! I'm in awe! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done Chrissie it really says a lot about you and your sence of fun lol
    Have a great weekend
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. How original Chrissie, you must have had so much fun making this. She's fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant project Chrissie for this weeks theme. Lydia is wonderful.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Chrissie I love Lydia,she is fabulous
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love her Chrissie. You have a lovely daughter to buy you such a great book. I hope Lydia gets some family to keep her company :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lydia, I do like your hat!
    A fab character you have created -I do hope you make more of these and give them all names and a bit of background then write a story about them.
    I got as much enjoyment from looking as you did making I am sure.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chrissie, these really are amazing, are u going to sell them??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lydia is sensational, I adore her red head, or hat or whatever it is and the design is fabulous, Chrissie you are so clever !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chrissie, this is fabulous, and such a fun character. Absolutely love it! I like your style, and your wonderful sense of humour too!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design