Distressed/Aged

Ay the Crafty Mess Challenge blog we are asked to make anything we like so long as it follows the theme of distressed /aged.

I always seem to need little gift bags for something so I thought I would make one for the challenge.


I used one the pages of a book of papers by Crafthouse Press that I bought quite a while ago. The papers are all very good quality and nice designs.

Then I scored and folded the paper to make the bag shape. Before I assembled the bag I distressed all around the edges with Rangers rusty hinge Distressed Ink.

The stamp is a Chocolate Baroque and I used the same ink for that but embossed it with clear embossing powder.

  Time now to add some of the Crafty Emblies buttons and a sentiment
Last of all I added some beautiful silk ribbon that my friend Sandra sent to me--thank you Sandra.

Comments

  1. Beautiful piece Chrissie, love the delicate colours, very pretty. When I first saw the title 'distressed and aged' it reminded me of my face in the mirror this morning....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, lovely decorated gift bags.
    I love the delicate, gorgeous motifs.
    Thank you very much Chrissie that you leave a nice comment on my blog. I was very happy about it. So I discovered the great challenge blog *Out of a Hat creations*.
    Hugs Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab gift bag Chrissie, love those skeleton leaves embedded in the background

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, it will make any gift extra special in this bag.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabby little bag...I'm loving the paper and those little crafty-emblie button,lol.

    One of my fav colours in the distress inks range,Rusty Hinge...love it.

    Thank you for playing in our challenge at Craftymess.

    Sandie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have distressed this. Then you made the bag? Very clever.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oww this is great thanks for joying us at craftymess. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely gift bag Chrissie.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous gift bag and a lovely idea. Loving those Crafty-Emblies too xx

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design