Tim Holtz at Just for Fun

Would you believe that I am  'Tim Holtz virgin'! I have received lots of things made with his products and just love them but I have never got around to making anything myself. A few weeks ago I won a voucher for a card I had posted on a blog and chose 2 distressed inks as the prize. The colours are 'old paper' and 'aged mahogany'. I'm sorry to say that life got in the way of me trying them until last night when I just had to try the challenge at Just for Fun

I watched a couple of videos on how to use them and looked at the lovely examples that Just for Fun girls had made and these are my offerings. Not sure if they are right or not--oh and not sure how to get rid of 'aged mahogany' finger ends either!

Must get some more of these inks and some of the other things at the TH shop.

First attempt--a tag. Just inked over the tag which had been through a Cuttlebug Folder. Then punched a couple of flowers and used the big one as a shape to stamp around and then to make the flower.


Got brave here and made a card. Used both inks for the background then the mahogany one to stamp the images.

Lots of room for improvement for sure but I have made a start.

Comments

  1. Chrissie these are fantastic, great work with the inks. You have also discovered why so many of us refer to our inky fingers! Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun so glad we got you inky XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, I especially love the tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really smashing for your frist go with DI's Chrissie :) the tags come out really well. Mahogany is such a great colour isn't it
    Thank you for playing along with us at just for fun
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects Chrissie.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehehe!!!! Inky Fingers, welcome to the club Chrissie!!!!

    Love how you've blended the colours on the card, fabbulous.

    Thanks for sharing and playing along again this week - JFF.

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag and card , aged mahogany is my favourite colour thats the one ive used this week too , they are all brilliant colours though sometimes its hard to have a favourite they are all so nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are gorgeous pieces, great colours. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour,both pieces are FAB
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your tag! It has a real three dimensional look to it with the embossing folder and the ink over the top.
    DI's are my favourite inks - there are so many things you can do with them. Warning: They become addictive (lol)
    Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab tag - great work with your DIs

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both great, Love how you blended the colours. Hugs Sandra XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done these are gorgeous , great blending and masking and love the colours too.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design