New Techniques Challenge on Just for Fun

Well this got me thinking for sure. I am always saying I will try stuff and never get around to it so now is the time to have a go! Just for fun has motivated me yet again!

Ages ago I got a book from the library about stamping ideas and at the time I wasn't even any good at stamping on paper let alone trying any of the things in the book. One thing stuck in my mind and that was stamping on dough. The mix was 4 parts flours and one part salt and just make a pastry dough using water then stamp on it. You can make a hole by using a straw when the dough is still wet. Cut out shapes and leave them to dry and use as you wish after that.

Here are some I have made though I have loads more from 100grms of flour and 25 grms of salt. I painted these ones then used Promarkers to pick out some of  shapes

Comments

  1. How lovely Chrissie :) we used to that at play school, completely went out of my head so thanks for the reminder and comeing up with some fab charms :)
    Great to have you joining us again at Just for Fun
    Hugs Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brillient never heard of this before! Guess with the quantities you quote you have a great stock of charms now LOL. Love the scollop edges did you use a biscuit cutter to make them? Thank you for joining us again at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your charms, another great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at JFF with such a fun technique. Never heard of stamping on dough before - wonder if you could also put it in a mold. Great pendants you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's a new one on me, never heard of stamping on dough before, but you've achieved some fab results - TFS and joining us again this week over on JFF - Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chrissie. Another great idea. I have made salt dough before but never thought about stamping into it.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant results i bet my granddaughter would love to make these , ive not made salt dough for years , thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant, it takes me back to when the kids were young, though we only made cats and dogs with it then lol x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag and Journal page design